Saturday, January 15, 2011

I'll be 24 and taking off to Arg!

So happy bday today for meee! I will be officially a 24 yr old as I fly to Argentina! What a great time to head of on this adventure!!

I have some photos to post up of us getting all our stuff packed up to be shipped off! Chris is so so good at it, he did most of it.. I flitted around like a unfocused git not wanting to spend hours sifting through files and ornaments and plates and whatever else you collect over your life..
and to be honest, we didn't even have a lot!! we have only lived together for just over a year! haha


Anyways, our lives fit into about 18 boxes and some beasty suitcases that will go with us on the plane!
It was a big job that we did over about 2-3 days (and there were lots of breaks)..

We are just waiting to hear from my school as to what company we are using to ship out belongings over.
Ooo and as you can see in the front there is our new 'vivo' tv... yes vivo... hmmm
but it was cheap and we now have good speakers for better quality sound and it will be splendid in Arg, we just have to get this chip thing installed and it will be most excellent! Then we can watch tv in Espaniol and pick up the language quicker.. well that was our idea, or maybe my idea... Chris is sooo looking forward to turning on the TV to watch good quality football that is on air at a reasonable hour at night (not 4am in the morning like it is in Australia)... Maybe I will finally watch it and learn how this game really works..
When I watch soccer, I just watch the ball being kicked around the field. What Chris has told me is that you watch the formations and strategy of the players.... which I have no clue about at all.... something for me to learn!

We went to the Argentine Consulate last week, we dropped in all our papers FINALLY! It is an very expensive and stressful and frustrating process getting everything ready for our working visas! (as I have probably said before. The reception dude called Luis at the counter at the Consulate was lovely! He explained to me what this sign means:


If you don't know what the words mean around the border it says, "Republic Argentina, Consulate General"....  The blue and white in the centre are the colours of the Argentinian flag. The two hands holding together represent unity and togetherness. The small red hat on the stick signifies peace. And that's that. I thought it was really interesting what countries use to represent themselves! I like what this one means =D

So we have a meeting with the Consulate General this coming Tuesday at 2.30pm in the city in Sydney (20/44 Market St.. if you were wondering). This hopefully will be the last step necessary in getting us to South America legally with no hiccups!
It could seem like a test..if you can get through all the paper work and immigration process and arrive in Buenos Aires okay, than you are deemed worthy of living in the country...
Oh so looking forward to landing in BA! How exciting!

I have been looking online at restaurants in BA (Buenos Aires), and seeing what the prices are like in fancy restaurants. The Argentinian Peso (ARS) allows Aussies to travel very very cheaply!! A posh restaurant with all courses and drinks (I think.. it was in Espaniol), was like $20AUD!!! WOW

ooo what's ahead is one big giant birthday/lifetime wish come true!
YIPEEE!

love miki

No comments:

Post a Comment